1. Moore SR, Lima NL, Soares AM, et al. Prolonged episodes of acute diarrhea reduce growth and increase risk of persistent diarrhea in children. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:1156–1164.
2. Schilling KA, Omore R, Derado G, et al. Factors associated with the duration of moderate-to-severe diarrhea among children in Rural Western Kenya Enrolled in the Global Enteric Multicenter Study, 2008-2012. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:248–258.
3. Vernacchio L, Vezina RM, Mitchell AA, et al. Characteristics of persistent diarrhea in a community-based cohort of young US children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2006;43:52–58.
4. Guarino A, Lo Vecchio A, Berni Canani R. Chronic diarrhoea in children. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2012;26:649–661.
5. Hebbelstrup Jensen B, Poulsen A, Hebbelstrup Rye Rasmussen S, et al. Genetic virulence profile of enteroaggregative Escherichia coli strains isolated from Danish children with either acute or persistent diarrhea. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:230.
6. Versloot CJ, Attia S, Bourdon C, et al. Intestinal pathogen clearance in children with severe acute malnutrition is unrelated to inpatient morbidity. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2018;24:109–113.