1. Shaikh N, Morone NE, Bost JE, et al. Prevalence of urinary tract infection in childhood: a meta-analysis. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2008;27:302–8.
2. O'Brien K, Edwards A, Hood K, et al. Prevalence of urinary tract infection in acutely unwell children in general practice: a prospective study with systematic urine sampling. Br J Gen Pract 2013;63:e156–64.
3. Tullus K. Fifteen-minute consultation: why and how do children get urinary tract infections? Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 2019. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2018-315023. [Epub ahead of print: 07 Jan
4. Keren R, Shaikh N, Pohl H, et al. Risk factors for recurrent urinary tract infection and renal scarring. Pediatrics 2015;136:e13–21.
5. NICE. Resource impact report: Urinary tract infection in under 16s: diagnosis and management (CG54): National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; 2017.
6. Edlin RS, Shapiro DJ, Hersh AL, et al. Antibiotic resistance patterns of outpatient pediatric urinary tract infections. J Urol 2013;190:222–7.
7. Zorc JJ, Kiddoo DA, Shaw KN. Diagnosis and management of pediatric urinary tract infections. Clin Microbiol Rev 2005;18:417–22.
8. Greenhow TL, Hung Y-Y, Herz AM, et al. The changing epidemiology of serious bacterial infections in young infants. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2014;33:595–9.
9. Newman DH, Shreves AE, Runde DP. Pediatric urinary tract infection: does the evidence support aggressively pursuing the diagnosis? Ann Emerg Med 2013;61:559–65.
10. Roman HK, Chang PW, Schroeder AR. Diagnosis and management of bacteremic urinary tract infection in infants. Hosp Pediatr 2015;5:1–8.
11. Tebruegge M, Pantazidou A, Clifford V, et al. The age-related risk of co-existing meningitis in children with urinary tract infection. PLoS One 2011;6:e26576.
12. Shaikh N, Craig JC, Rovers MM, et al. Identification of children and adolescents at risk for renal scarring after a first urinary tract infection: a meta-analysis with individual patient data. JAMA Pediatr 2014;168:893–900.
13. Salo J, Ikäheimo R, Tapiainen T, et al. Childhood urinary tract infections as a cause of chronic kidney disease. Pediatrics 2011;128:840–7.
14. Vaillancourt S, McGillivray D, Zhang X, et al. To clean or not to clean: effect on contamination rates in midstream urine collections in toilet trained children. Pediatrics 2007;119:e1288–93.
15. Ochoa Sangrador C, Pascual Terrazas A. [Systematic review of the validity of urine cultures collected by sterile perineal bags]. An Pediatr 2016;84:97–105.
16. Urinary tract infection in under 16s: diagnosis and management, clinical guideline CG54. United Kingdom National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; 2017.
17. Tosif S, Baker A, Oakley E, et al. Contamination rates of different urine collection methods for the diagnosis of urinary tract infections in young children: an observational cohort study. J Paediatr Child Health 2012;48:659–64.
18. Kaufman J, Fitzpatrick P, Tosif S, et al. Faster clean catch urine collection (Quick-Wee method) from infants: randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2017;357.
19. Kaufman J, Tosif S, Fitzpatrick P, et al. Quick-Wee: a novel non invasive urine collection method. Emerg Med J 2017;34.
20. Kaufman J. How to… collect urine samples from young children. Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 2019. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2019-317237. [Epub ahead of print: 23 Aug 2019].
21. Subcommittee on Urinary Tract Infection. Reaffirmation of AAP clinical practice guideline: the diagnosis and management of the initial urinary tract infection in febrile infants and young children 2-24 months of age. Pediatrics 2016;138:e20163026.
22. Royal Children's Hospital. Statewide Victorian & Royal Children's Hospital Clinical Practice Guideline Urinary Tract Infection, 2017. Available: https://www. rch. org. au/ clinicalguide/ guideline_ index/Urinary_Tract_Infection_Guideline/#URINARY_SPECIMENS [Accessed 5 Jun 2019].
23. Stein R, Dogan HS, Hoebeke P, et al. Urinary tract infections in children: EAU/ESPU guidelines. Eur Urol 2015;67:546–58.
24. Okarska-Napierala M, Wasilewska A, Kuchar E. Urinary tract infection in children: Diagnosis, treatment, imaging - Comparison of current guidelines. J Pediatr Urol 2017;13:567–73.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.