1. Hooton TM, Bradley SF, Cardenas DD et al. Diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of catheter-associated urinary tract infection in adults: 2009 International Clinical Practice Guidelines from the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2010; 50:625–663.
2. Hilt EE, McKinley K, Pearce MM et al. Urine is not sterile: Use of enhanced urine culture techniques to detect resident bacterial flora in the adult female bladder. J Clin Microbiol 2014; 52:871–876.
3. Nicolle LE, Bradley S, Colgan R et al. Infectious Diseases Society of America guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asymptomatic bacteriuria in adults. Clin Infect Dis 2005; 40:643–654.
4. Sobel JD. Urinary tract infections. In: Mandell GL, Douglas RG Jr, Bennett JE et al., eds. Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 7th Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, 2009, pp. 957–985.
5. Kass EH. Asymptomatic infections of the urinary tract 1956. J Urol 2002;167(2 Pt 2):1016–1019; discussion 1019–1021.
6. Sanford JP, Favour CB, Mao FH et al. Evaluation of the positive urine culture: An approach to the differentiation of significant bacteria from contaminants. Am J Med 1956;20:88–93.
7. Bent S, Nallamothu BK, Simel DL et al. Does this woman have an acute uncomplicated urinary tract infection? JAMA 2002; 287:2701–2710.
8. Boscia JA, Kobasa WD, Abrutyn E et al. Lack of association between bacteriuria and symptoms in the elderly. Am J Med 1986;81: 979–982.
9. Woodford HJ, Graham C, Meda M et al. Bacteremic urinary tract infection in hospitalized older patients—are any currently available diagnostic criteria sensitive enough? J Am Geriatr Soc 2011; 59:567–568.
10. Falagas ME, Kotsantis IK, Vouloumanou EK et al. Antibiotics versus placebo in the treatment of women with uncomplicated cystitis: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Infect 2009; 58:91–102.
11. Foxman G. The epidemiology of urinary tract infection. Nat Rev Urol 2010; 7:653–660. 12. G_agyor I, Bleidorn J, Kochen MM et al. Ibuprofen versus fosfomycin for uncomplicated urinary tract infection in women: Randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2015; 351:h6544.
13. Hooton TM. Uncomplicated urinary tract infection. N Engl J Med 2012; 366:1028–1037.
14. Ferry SA, Holm SE, Stenlund H et al. The natural course of uncomplicated lower urinary tract infection in women illustrated by a randomized placebo controlled study. Scand J Infect Dis 2004; 36:296–301.
15. Finucane TE. ‘Urinary tract infection’ and the microbiome. Am J Med 2016;130:e97–e98.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.