1.Melmed S, Geola FL, Reed AW, Pekary AE, Park J, Hershman JM. A comparison of methods for assessing thyroid function in nonthyroidal illness. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1982; 54:300–306.
2. Franklyn JA, Black EG, Betteridge J, Sheppard MC. Comparison of second and third generation methods for measurement of serum thyrotropin in patients with overt hyperthyroidism, patients receiving thyroxine therapy, and those with nonthyroidal illness. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1994; 78:1368–1371.
3. Rosario PW. The natural history of subclinical hyperthyroidism in patients below the age of 65 years. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2008; 68:491–492.
4. Rosario PW. Natural history of subclinical hyperthyroidism in elderly patients with TSH between 0.1 and 0.4 mIU/L: a prospective study. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2009 Sep 10. [Epub ahead of print].
5. Woeber KA. Observations concerning the natural history of subclinical hyperthyroidism. Thyroid 2005; 15:687–691.
6. Wiersinga WM. Subclinical hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. I. Prevalence and clinical relevance. Neth J Med 1995; 46:197–204.
7. Cooper DS. Approach to the patient with subclinical hyperthyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2007; 92:3–9.
8. Spencer C, Eigen A, Shen D, et al. Specificity of sensitive assays of thyrotropin (TSH) used to screen for thyroid disease in hospitalized patients. Clin Chem 1987; 33:1391–1396.
9. Wilber JF, Utiger RD. The effect of glucocorticoids on thyrotropin secretion. J Clin Invest 1969; 48:2096–2103.
10. Brabant A, Brabant G, Schuermeyer T, et al. The role of glucocorticoids in the regulation of thyrotropin. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 1989; 121:95–100.
11. Beck-Peccoz P, Brucker-Davis F, Persani L, Smallridge RC, Weintraub BD. Thyrotropin-secreting pituitary tumors. Endocr Rev 1996; 17:610–638.
12. Lamberts SW, Zuyderwijk J, den Holder F, van Koetsveld P, Hofland L. Studies on the conditions determining the inhibitory effect of somatostatin on adrenocorticotropin, prolactin and thyrotropin release by cultured rat pituitary cells. Neuroendocrinology 1989; 50:44–50.
13. Murray RD, Kim K, Ren SG, et al. The novel somatostatin ligand (SOM230) regulates human and rat anterior pituitary hormone secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004; 89:3027–3032.
14. Lightman SL, Fox P, Dunne MJ. The effect of SMS 201-995, a long-acting somatostatin analogue, on anterior pituitary function in healthy male volunteers. Scand J Gastroenterol Suppl 1986; 119:84–95.
15. Nicoloff JT, Fisher DA, Appleman MD Jr. The role of glucocorticoids in the regulation of thyroid function in man. J Clin Invest 1970; 49:1922–1929.
16. Kirkegaard C, Nørgaard K, Snorgaard O, Bek T, Larsen M, Lund-Andersen H. Effect of one year continuous subcutaneous infusion of a somatostatin analogue, octreotide, on early retinopathy, metabolic control and thyroid function in type I (insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 1990; 122:766–772.
17. Colao A, Merola B, Ferone D, et al. Acute and chronic effects of octreotide on thyroid axis in growth hormone-secreting and clinically nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas. Eur J Endocrinol 1995; 133:189–194.
18. Kaptein EM, Spencer CA, Kamiel MB, Nicoloff JT. Prolonged dopamine administration and thyroid hormone economy in normal and critically ill subjects. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1980; 51:387–393.
19. Lee E, Chen P, Rao H, Lee J, Burmeister LA. Effect of acute high dose dobutamine administration on serum thyrotrophin (TSH). Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1999; 50:487–492.
20. Martino E, Bartalena L, Bogazzi F, Braverman LE. The effects of amiodarone on the thyroid. Endocr Rev 2001; 22:240–254.
21. Fantz CR, Dagogo-Jack S, Ladenson JH, Gronowski AM. Thyroid function during pregnancy. Clin Chem 1999; 45:2250–2258.
22. Glinoer D, de Nayer P, Bourdoux P, et al. Regulation of maternal thyroid during pregnancy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1990; 71:276–287.
23. Hershman JM. Human chorionic gonadotropin and the thyroid: hyperemesis gravidarum and trophoblastic tumors. Thyroid 1999; 9:653–657.
24. Brent GA. Clinical practice. Graves’ disease. N Engl J Med 2008; 358:2594–2605.
25. Bahn RS. Graves’ ophthalmopathy. N Engl J Med 2010; 362:726–738.
26. Bartalena L, Tanda ML. Clinical practice. Graves’ ophthalmopathy. N Engl J Med. 2009; 360:994–1001.
27. Cooper DS. Hyperthyroidism. Lancet 2003; 362:459–468.
28. Ross DS. Syndromes of thyrotoxicosis with low radioactive iodine uptake. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 1998; 27:169–185.
29. Ayhan A, Yanik F, Tuncer R, Tuncer ZS, Ruacan S. Struma ovarii. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1993; 42:143–146.
30. Young RH. New and unusual aspects of ovarian germ cell tumors. Am J Surg Pathol 1993; 17:1210–1224.
31. Kasagi K, Takeuchi R, Miyamoto S, et al. Metastatic thyroid cancer presenting as thyrotoxicosis: report of three cases. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1994; 40:429–434.
32. Harjai KJ, Licata AA. Effects of amiodarone on thyroid function. Ann Intern Med 1997; 126:63–73.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.