1. Mannino DM, Homa DM, Akinbami LJ, Moorman JE, Gwynn C, Redd SC. Surveillance for asthma-1980-1999. MMWR Surveill Summ 2002;51:1-13.
2. Mintz M. Asthma update: Part II. Medical management. Am Fam Physician 2004. In press.
3. National Asthma Education and Prevention Program. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma: expert panel report 2. Bethesda, Md.: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, 1997; NIH publication no. 97-4051.
4. National Asthma Education and Prevention Program. Expert panel report: guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma update on selected topics-2002. Bethesda, Md.: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, 2003; NIH publication no. 02-5074.
5. Calhoun WJ, Sutton LB, Emmett A, Dorinsky PM. Asthma variability in patients previously treated with beta-agonists alone. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2003;112: 1088-94.
6. Asthma in America. Asthma statistics. Accessed online June 3, 2004, at:
7. Fuhlbrigge AL, Adams RJ, Guilbert TW, Grant E, Lozano P, Janson SL, et al. The burden of asthma in the United States: level and distribution are dependent on interpretation of the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program guidelines. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2002;166:1044-9.
8. Management of chronic asthma. Rockville, Md.: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; File inventory, Evidence report/technology assessment no. 44; AHRQ publication no. 01-E044, September 2001. Accessed online June 3, 2004, at:
9. Fuhlbrigge AL, Kitch BT, Paltiel AD, Kuntz KM, Neumann PJ, Dockery DW, et al. FEV1 is associated with risk of asthma attacks in a pediatric population. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2001;107:61-7.
10. Abramson MJ, Bailey MJ, Couper FJ, Driver JS, Drummer OH, Forbes AB, et al. Are asthma medications and management related to de
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.