1. Mannucci PM, Levi M. Prevention and treatment of major blood loss. N Engl J Med 2007; 356: 2301-11.
2. Hunt BJ. Bleeding and coagulopathies in critical care. N Engl J Med 2014; 370:847-59.
3. Halmin M, Chiesa F, Vasan SK, et al. Epidemiology of massive transfusion: a binational study from Sweden and Denmark. Crit Care Med 2016; 44: 468-77.
4. Ruseckaite R, McQuilten ZK, Oldroyd JC, et al. Descriptive characteristics and in-hospital mortality of critically bleeding patients requiring massive transfusion: results from the Australian and New Zealand Massive Transfusion Registry. Vox Sang 2017; 112: 240-8.
5. Lozano R, Naghavi M, Foreman K, et al. Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2012; 380: 2095-128.
6. Christensen S, Riis A, Nørgaard M, Sørensen HT, Thomsen RW. Short-term mortality after perforated or bleeding peptic ulcer among elderly patients: a population-based cohort study. BMC Geriatr 2007;7: 8.
7. Kauvar DS, Lefering R, Wade CE. Impact of hemorrhage on trauma outcome: an overview of epidemiology, clinical presentations, and therapeutic considerations. J Trauma 2006; 60: S3-11.
8. Mitra B, Gabbe BJ, Kaukonen K-M, Olaussen A, Cooper DJ, Cameron PA. Longterm outcomes of patients receiving a massive transfusion after trauma. Shock 2014; 42: 307-12.
9. Maier RV. Scudder oration on trauma: a century of evolution in trauma resuscitation. J Am Coll Surg 2014; 219: 335-45.
10. Barbee RW, Reynolds PS, Ward KR. Assessing shock resuscitation strategies by oxygen debt repayment. Shock 2010;33: 113-22.
11. Chaudry IH. Cellular mechanisms in shock and ischemia and their correction. Am J Physiol 1983; 245: R117-R134.
12. Zhang Q, Raoof M, Chen Y, et al. Circulating mitochondrial DAMPs cause inflammatory responses to injury. Nature 2010; 464: 104-7.
13. Tisherman SA, Alam HB, Rhee PM, et al. Development of the Emergency Preservation and Resuscitation for Cardiac Arrest from Trauma clinical trial. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2017; 83: 803-9.
14. White NJ, Ward KR, Pati S, Strandenes G, Cap AP. Hemorrhagic blood failure: oxygen debt, coagulopathy, and endothelial damage. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2017; 82: Suppl 1: S41-S49.
15. Johansson PI, Henriksen HH, Stensballe J, et al. Traumatic endotheliopathy: a prospective observational study of 424 severely injured patients. Ann Surg 2017;265: 597-603.
16. Hoffman M, Cichon LJH. Practical coagulation for the blood banker. Transfusion 2013; 53: 1594-602.
17. Chang R, Cardenas JC, Wade CE, Holcomb JB. Advances in the understanding of trauma-induced coagulopathy. Blood 2016; 128: 1043-9.
18. Moore HB, Moore EE, Liras IN, et al. Acute fibrinolysis shutdown after injury occurs frequently and increases mortality: a multicenter evaluation of 2,540 severely injured patients. J Am Coll Surg 2016; 222:347-55.
19. Brown LM, Call MS, Margaret Knudson M, et al. A normal platelet count may not be enough: the impact of admission platelet count on mortality and transfusion in severely injured trauma patients. J Trauma 2011; 71: Suppl 3: S337-S342.
20. Kutcher ME, Redick BJ, McCreery RC, et al. Characterization of platelet dysfunction after trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2012; 73: 13-9.
21. Wohlauer MV, Moore EE, Thomas S, et al. Early platelet dysfunction: an unrecognized role in the acute coagulopathy of trauma. J Am Coll Surg 2012; 214: 739-46.
22. Spann AP, Campbell JE, Fitzgibbon SR, et al. The effect of hematocrit on platelet adhesion: experiments and simulations. Biophys J 2016; 111: 577-88.
23. Maegele M, Schöchl H, Cohen MJ. An update on the coagulopathy of trauma. Shock 2014; 41: Suppl 1: 21-5.
24. Sihler KC, Napolitano LM. Complications of massive transfusion. Chest 2010; 137: 209-20.
25. Cosgriff N, Moore EE, Sauaia A, Kenny-Moynihan M, Burch JM, Galloway B. Predicting life-threatening coagulopathy in the massively transfused trauma patient: hypothermia and acidoses revisited. J Trauma 1997; 42: 857-61.
26. Tompkins RG. Genomics of injury:the Glue Grant experience. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015; 78: 671-86.
27. Tisherman SA, Schmicker RH, Brasel KJ, et al. Detailed description of all deaths in both the shock and traumatic brain injury hypertonic saline trials of the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium. Ann Surg 2015; 261: 586-90.
28. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. A national trauma care system: integrating military and civilian trauma systems to achieve zero preventable deaths after injury. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2016.
29. Schroll R, Smith A, McSwain NE Jr, et al. A multi-institutional analysis of prehospital tourniquet use. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015; 79: 10-4.
30. Kragh JF Jr, Walters TJ, Baer DG, et al. Survival with emergency tourniquet use to stop bleeding in major limb trauma. Ann Surg 2009; 249: 1-7.
31. American College of Surgeons Stop the Bleed campaign. 2017 (http://www.bleedingcontrol .org/ ).
32. Singletary EM, Charlton NP, Epstein JL, et al. Part 15: first aid: 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross guidelines update for first aid. Circulation 2015; 132: Suppl 2: S574-S589.
33. Bulger EM, Snyder D, Schoelles K, et al. An evidence-based prehospital guideline for external hemorrhage control: American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. Prehosp Emerg Care 2014; 18:163-73.
34. Achneck HE, Sileshi B, Jamiolkowski RM, Albala DM, Shapiro ML, Lawson JH. A comprehensive review of topical hemostatic agents: efficacy and recommendations for use. Ann Surg 2010; 251: 217-28.
35. Bickell WH, Wall MJ Jr, Pepe PE, et al. Immediate versus delayed fluid resuscitation for hypotensive patients with penetrating torso injuries. N Engl J Med 1994;331: 1105-9.
36. Bulger EM, May S, Kerby JD, et al. Out-of-hospital hypertonic resuscitation after traumatic hypovolemic shock: a randomized, placebo controlled trial. Ann Surg 2011; 253: 431-41.
37. Roberts I, Blackhall K, Alderson P, Bunn F, Schierhout G. Human albumin solution for resuscitation and volume expansion in critically ill patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; 11: CD001208.
38. Shackelford SA, Del Junco DJ, Powell-Dunford N, et al. Association of prehospital blood product transfusion during medical evacuation of combat casualties in Afghanistan with acute and 30-day survival. JAMA 2017; 318: 1581-91.
39. Cotton BA, Jerome R, Collier BR, et al. Guidelines for prehospital fluid resuscitation in the injured patient. J Trauma 2009;67: 389-402.
40. Kotwal RS, Howard JT, Orman JA, et al. The effect of a golden hour policy on the morbidity and mortality of combat casualties. JAMA Surg 2016; 151: 15-24.
41. Wandling MW, Nathens AB, Shapiro MB, Haut ER. Police transport versus ground EMS: a trauma system-level evaluation of prehospital care policies and their effect on clinical outcomes. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2016; 81: 931-5.
42. American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) student course manual. 9th ed. Chicago: American College of Surgeons, 2012: 69.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.