1. Morgan DJ,Wright SM, Dhruva S. Update on medical overuse. JAMA Intern Med. 2015;175(1):120-124.
2. Morgan DJ, Dhruva SS,Wright SM, Korenstein D. Upd ate on medical practices that should be questioned in 2015. JAMA Intern Med. 2015;175(12):1960-1964.
3. Morgan DJ, Dhruva SS,Wright SM, Korenstein D. 2016 Update on medical overuse: a systematic review. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;176(11):1687-1692.
4. Brownlee S, Chalkidou K, Doust J, et al. Evidence for overuse of medical services around the world. Lancet. 2017;390(10090):156-168.
5. Morgan DJ, Brownlee S, Leppin AL, et al. Setting a research agenda for medical overuse. BMJ. 2015; 351:h4534.
6. Coon ER, Quinonez RA,Moyer VA, Schroeder AR. Overdiagnosis: how our compulsion for diagnosis may be harming children. Pediatrics. 2014;134(5):1013-1023.
7. Coon ER, Young PC, Quinonez RA, Morgan DJ, Dhruva SS, Schroeder AR. Update on pediatric overuse. Pediatrics. 2017;139(2):e20162797.
8. Nikiforov YE, Seethala RR, Tallini G, et al. Nomenclature revision for encapsulated follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma: a paradigm shift to reduce overtreatment of indolent tumors. JAMA Oncol. 2016;2(8):1023-1029.
9. Groopman J. The most notable medical findings of 2016. New Yorker. December 29, 2016. http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/the -most-notable-medical-findings-of-2016. Accessed June 15, 2017.
10. Kolata G. Why “useless” surgery is still popular. New York Times. August 3, 2016. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/upshot/the-right-to -know-that-an-operation-is-next-to-useless.html ?_r=1. Accessed June 15, 2017.
11. Epstein D. When evidence says no, but doctors say yes. Atlantic. February 22, 2017. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017 /02/when-evidence-says-no-but-doctors-say-yes /517368/. Accessed June 15, 2017.
12. Welch HG, Schwartz L,Woloshin S. Overdiagnosed: Making People Sick in the Pursuit of Health. Boston, MA: Beacon Press; 2012.
13. Chassin MR, Galvin RW; Institute of Medicine National Roundtable on Health Care Quality. The urgent need to improve health care quality. JAMA. 1998;280(11):1000-1005.
14. Welch HG, Passow HJ. Quantifying the benefits and harms of screening mammography. JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174(3):448-454.
15. Marino B, Jaiswal A, Goldbarg S, Bernardini GL, Kerwin T. Impact of transesophageal echocardiography on clinical management of patients over age 50 with cryptogenic stroke and normal transthoracic echocardiogram. J HospMed. 2016;11(2):95-98.
16. Alhassan S, Sayf AA, Arsene C, KrayemH. Suboptimal implementation of diagnostic algorithms and overuse of computed tomography-pulmonary angiography in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism. Ann Thorac Med. 2016;11(4):254-260.
17. Drescher FS, Sirovich BE. Use of computed tomography in emergency departments in the United States: a decade of coughs and colds. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;176(2):273-275.
18. Keyhani S, Cheng EM, Naseri A, et al. Common reasons that asymptomatic patients who are 65 years and older receive carotid imaging. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;176(5):626-633.
19. Hamdy FC, Donovan JL, Lane JA, et al; ProtecT Study Group. 10-Year outcomes after monitoring, surgery, or radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(15):1415-1424.
20. Donovan JL, Hamdy FC, Lane JA, et al; ProtecT Study Group. Patient-reported outcomes after monitoring, surgery, or radiotherapy for prostate cancer. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(15):1425-1437.
21. Albert RK, Au DH, Blackford AL, et al; Long-Term Oxygen Treatment Trial Research Group. A randomized trial of long-term oxygen for COPD with moderate desaturation. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(17):1617-1627.
22. Sihvonen R, Englund M, Turkiewicz A, Järvinen TL; Finnish Degenerative Meniscal Lesion Study Group. Mechanical symptoms and arthroscopic partial meniscectomy in patients with degenerative meniscus tear: a secondary analysis of a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2016;164(7):449-455.
23. Casaer MP,Mesotten D, Hermans G, et al. Early versus late parenteral nutrition in critically ill adults. N Engl J Med. 2011;365(6):506-517.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.