1. National Cancer Institute (NIH). Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2010. http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2010/. Accessed May 9, 2016.
2. American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2015. www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2015/.Accessed May 9, 2016.
3. Tabár L, Vitak B, Chen HH, Yen MF, Duffy SW, Smith RA. Beyond randomized controlled trials: organized mammographic screening substantially reduces breast carcinoma mortality. Cancer 2001;91:1724–1731.
4. Tabar L, Fagerberg G, Chen HH, et al. Efficacy of breast cancer screening by age. New results from the Swedish two-county trial. Cancer 1995; 75:2507–2517.
5. Humphrey LL, Helfand M, Chan BK, Woolf SH. Breast cancer screening: a summary of the evidence for the US Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med 2002; 137:347–360.
6. Esserman LJ, Shieh Y, Rutgers EJ, et al. Impact of mammographic screening on the detection of good and poor prognosis breast cancers. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2011; 130:725–734.
7. Wallace E, Lowry J, Smith SM, Fahey T. The epidemiology of malpractice claims in primary care: a systematic review. BMJ Open 2013; 3:pii:e002929.
8. Gandhi TK, Kachalia A, Thomas EJ, et al. Missed and delayed diagnoses in the ambulatory setting: a study of closed malpractice claims. Ann Intern Med 2006; 145:488–496.
9. Morrow M. The evaluation of common breast problems. Am Fam Physician 2000; 61:2371–2378, 2385.
10. Santen RJ, Mansel R. Benign breast disorders. N Engl J Med 2005; 353:275–285.
11. American Cancer Society. Breast cancer prevention and early detection. www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/moreinformation/breastcancerearlydetection/breast-cancer-early-detection-acs-recs. Accessed May 17, 2016.
12. National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN Guidelines. www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp#site. Accessed May 17, 2016.
13. US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). Breast cancers Screening. www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Document/UpdateSummaryFinal/ breast-cancer-screening. Accessed May 17, 2016.
14. Mandelblatt JS, Cronin KA, Bailey S, et al; Breast Cancer Working Group of the Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network. Effects of mammography screening under different screening schedules: model estimates of potential benefits and harms. Ann Intern Med 2009; 151:738–747.
15. Newcomb PA, Norfleet RG, Storer BE, Surawicz TS, Marcus PM. Screening sigmoidoscopy and colorectal cancer mortality. J Natl Cancer Inst 1992; 84:1572–1575.
16. Bressler B, Paszat LF, Chen Z, Rothwell DM, Vinden C, Rabeneck L. Rates of new or missed colorectal cancers after colonoscopy and their risk factors: a population-based analysis. Gastroenterology 2007; 132:96–102.
17. Siegel R, Ma J, Zou Z, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2014. CA Cancer J Clin 2014; 64:9–29.
18. Feld AD. Malpractice risks associated with colon cancer and inflammatory bowel disease. J Gastroenterol 2004; 99:1641–1644.
19. Goodman D, Irvin TT. Delay in the diagnosis and prognosis of carcinoma of the right colon. Br J Surg 1993; 80:1327–1329.
20. Alvarez JA, Baldonedo RF, Bear IG, Alvarez P, Jorge JL. Anaerobic liver abscesses as initial presentation of silent colonic cancer. HPB (Oxford) 2004; 6:41–42.
21. Tsai HL, Hsieh JS, Yu FJ, et al. Perforated colonic cancer presenting as intra-abdominal abscess. Int J Colorectal Dis 2007; 22:15–19.
22. Levin B, Lieberman DA, McFarland B, et al; American Cancer Society Colorectal Cancer Advisory Group; US Multi-Society Task Force; American College of Radiology Colon Cancer Committee. Screening and surveillance for the early detection of colorectal cancer and adenomatous polyps, 2008: a joint guideline from the American Cancer Society, the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer, and the American College of Radiology. Gastroenterology 2008; 134:1570–1595.
23. American Cancer Society. Colorectal cancer prevention and early detection. www.cancer.org/cancer/colonandrectumcancer/moreinformation/colonandrectumcancerearlydetection/colorectal-cancerearly-detection-acs-recommendations. Accessed May 17, 2016.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.