1. Castagnoli R, Votto M, Licari A, et al. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection in children and adolescents: a systematic review. JAMA Pediatr 2020 April 22 (Epub ahead of print).
2. Lu X, Zhang L, Du H, et al. SARSCoV-2 infection in children. N Engl J Med 2020;382:1663-5.
3. Guan W, Ni Z, Hu Y, et al. Clinical characteristics of coronavirus disease 2019 in China. N Engl J Med 2020;382: 1708-20.
4. Pan Y, Zhang D, Yang P, Poon LLM, Wang Q. Viral load of SARS-CoV-2 in clinical samples. Lancet Infect Dis 2020;20: 411-2.
5. Zhou F, Yu T, Du R, et al. Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adult inpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet 2020;395:1054-62.
6. Cao X. COVID-19: immunopathology and its implications for therapy. Nat Rev Immunol 2020;20:269-70.
7. Riphagen S, Gomez X, Gonzalez-Martinez C, Wilkinson N, Theocharis P. Hyperinflammatory shock in children during COVID-19 pandemic. Lancet 2020; 395:1607-8.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Emergency preparedness and response: multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) associated with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Health advisory (https://emergency.cdc .gov/han/2020/han00432.asp).
9. Shackelford PG, Strauss AW. Kawasaki syndrome. N Engl J Med 1991;324:1664-6.
10. McCrindle BW, Rowley AH, Newburger JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and longterm management of Kawasaki disease: a scientific statement for health professionals from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2017;135(17):e927-e999.
11. Belhadjer Z, Méot M, Bajolle F, et al. Acute heart failure in multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) in the context of global SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. Circulation 2020 May 17 (Epub ahead of print).
12. Verdoni L, Mazza A, Gervasoni A, et al. An outbreak of severe Kawasaki-like disease at the Italian epicentre of the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic: an observational cohort study. Lancet 2020;395:1771-8.
13. Toubiana J, Poirault C, Corsia A, et al. Kawasaki-like multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children during the covid-19 pandemic in Paris, France: prospective observational study. BMJ 2020;369:m2094.
14. MacDonald KL, Osterholm MT, Hedberg CW, et al. Toxic shock syndrome: a newly recognized complication of influenza and influenzalike illness. JAMA 1987;257:1053-8.
15. Crayne C, Cron RQ. Pediatric macrophage activation syndrome, recognizing the tip of the Iceberg. Eur J Rheumatol 2019;7:Suppl 1:1-8.
16. Wang W, Gong F, Zhu W, Fu S, Zhang Q. Macrophage activation syndrome in Kawasaki disease: more common than we thought? Semin Arthritis Rheum 2015;44: 405-10.
17. Baker AL, Lu M, Minich LL, et al. Associated symptoms in the ten days before diagnosis of Kawasaki disease. J Pediatr 2009;154(4):592.e2-595.e2.
18. Benseler SM, McCrindle BW, Silverman ED, Tyrrell PN, Wong J, Yeung RS. Infections and Kawasaki disease: implications for coronary artery outcome. Pediatrics 2005;116(6):e760-e766.
19. Fliesler N. Boston Children’s Hospital leads national study on pediatric COVID-19 and MIS-C. Boston: Boston Children’s Hospital, June 13, 2020 (https://discoveries .childrenshospital.org/covid-19-in -children-nationwide-study/).
20. Randolph AG, Vaughn F, Sullivan R, et al. Critically ill children during the 2009-2010 influenza pandemic in the United States. Pediatrics 2011;128(6): e1450-e1458.
21. Shekerdemian LS, Mahmood NR, Wolfe KK, et al. Characteristics and outcomes of children with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection admitted to US and Canadian Pediatric intensive care units. JAMA Pediatr 2020 May 11 (Epub ahead of print).
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.