1. Eyre DW, Town K, Street T, et al.
Detection in the United Kingdom of the Neisseria gonorrhoeae FC428 clone, with ceftriaxone resistance and intermediate resistance to azithromycin, October to December 2018. Euro Surveill 2019; 24(10):
2. Beymer MR, Weiss RE, Bolan RK, et al. Sex on demand: geosocial networking phone apps and risk of sexually transmitted infections among a cross-sectional sample of men who have sex with men in Los Angeles County. Sex Transm Infect 2014; 90: 567-72.
3. Werner RN, Gaskins M, Nast A, Dressler C. Incidence of sexually transmitted infections in men who have sex with men and who are at substantial risk of HIV infection — a meta-analysis of data from trials and observational studies of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis. PLoS One 2018; 13(12): e0208107.
4. Ingle DJ, Easton M, Valcanis M, et al. Co-circulation of multidrug-resistant Shigella among men who have sex with men, Australia. Clin Infect Dis 2019; 69: 1535-44.
5. Murray K, Reddy V, Kornblum JS, et al. Increasing antibiotic resistance in Shigella spp. from infected New York City residents, New York, USA. Emerg Infect Dis 2017; 23: 332-5.
6. Bowen A, Grass J, Bicknese A, Campbell D, Hurd J, Kirkcaldy RD. Elevated risk for antimicrobial drug-resistant Shigella infection among men who have sex with men, United States, 2011-2015. Emerg Infec Dis 2016; 22: 1613-6.
7. Aragón TJ, Vugia DJ, Shallow S, et al. Case-control study of shigellosis in San Francisco: the role of sexual transmisión and HIV infection. Clin Infect Dis 2007; 44: 327-34.
8. Gilbart VL, Simms I, Jenkins C, et al. Sex, drugs and smart phone applications: findings from semistructured interviews with men who have sex with men diagnosed with Shigella f lexneri 3a in England and Wales. Sex Transm Infect 2015; 91:598-602.
9. Wu H-H, Shen Y-T, Chiou C-S, Fang C-T, Lo Y-C. Shigellosis outbreak among MSM living with HIV: a case-control study in Taiwan, 2015-2016. Sex Transm Infect 2019; 95: 67-70.
10. Mohan K, Hibbert M, Rooney G, et al. What is the overlap between HIV and
shigellosis epidemics in England: further evidence of MSM transmission? Sex Transm Infect 2018; 94: 67-71.
11. Chiou C-S, Izumiya H, Kawamura M, et al. The worldwide spread of ciprofloxacin-resistant Shigella sonnei among HIVinfected men who have sex with men, Taiwan. Clin Microbiol Infect 2016; 22(4):383.e11-383.e16.
12. Baker KS, Dallman TJ, Ashton PM, et al. Intercontinental dissemination of azithromycin-resistant shigellosis through sexual transmission: a cross-sectional study. Lancet Infect Dis 2015; 15: 913-21.
13. Williamson D, Ingle D, Howden B. Extensively drug-resistant shigellosis in Australia among men who have sex with men. N Engl J Med 2019; 381: 2477-9.
14. Hepatitis A outbreaks in the EU/EEA mostly affecting men who have sex with men: third update, 28 June 2017. Stockholm: European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, 2017 (https://www .ecdc .europa .eu/ sites/ portal/ files/documents/RRA%20hep%20A%20outbreak%20EU%20EEA%20in%20MSM%20third%20update %2028%20June%202017_0 .pdf).
15. Ndumbi P, Freidl GS, Williams CJ, et al. Hepatitis A outbreak disproportionately affecting men who have sex with men (MSM) in the European Union and European Economic Area, June 2016 to May 2017. Euro Surveill 2018; 23: 27.
16. Chen W-C, Chiang P-H, Liao Y-H, et al. Outbreak of hepatitis A virus infection
in Taiwan, June 2015 to September 2017. Euro Surveill 2019; 24(14): 1800133.
17. Rivas V, Barrera A, Pino K, et al. Hepatitis A outbreak since November 2016 affecting men who have sex with men (MSM) in Chile connected to the current outbreak in MSM in Europe, situation up to October 2017. Euro Surveill 2018; 23(9):18-00060.
18. Foster MA, Hofmeister MG, Kupronis BA, et al. Increase in hepatitis A virus infections — United States, 2013–2018. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2019; 68:413-5.
19. Chen G-J, Lin K-Y, Hung C-C, Chang S-C. Hepatitis A outbreak among men who have sex with men in a country of low endemicity of hepatitis A infection. J Infect Dis 2017; 215: 1339-40.
20. Ruscher C, Werber D, Thoulass J, et al. Dating apps and websites as tools to reach anonymous sexual contacts during an outbreak of hepatitis A among men who have sex with men, Berlin, 2017. Euro Surveill 2019; 24(21): 1800460.
21. Brennan J, Moore K, Sizemore L, et al. Acute hepatitis A virus infection among previously vaccinated persons with HIV infection — Tennessee, 2018. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2019; 68: 328-9. 22. Gaudreau C, Rodrigues-Coutlée S, Pilon PA, Coutlée F, Bekal S. Long-lasting outbreak of erythromycin- and ciprofloxacin-resistant Campylobacter jejuni subspecies jejuni from 2003 to 2013 in men who have sex with men, Quebec, Canada. Clin Infect Dis 2015; 61: 1549-52.
23. Simms I, Gilbart VL, Byrne L, et al. Identification of verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli O117:H7 in men who have sex with men, England, November 2013 to August 2014. Euro Surveill 2014; 19(43):20946.
24. Escolà-Vergé L, Arando M, Vall M, et al. Outbreak of intestinal amoebiasis among men who have sex with men, Barcelona (Spain), October 2016 and January 2017. Euro Surveill 2017; 22(30): 30581.
25. Hung CC, Chang SY, Ji DD. Entamoeba histolytica infection in men who have sex with men. Lancet Infect Dis 2012; 12: 729-36.
26. Shea S, Kubota KA, Maguire H, et al. Clinical microbiology laboratories’ adoption of culture-independent diagnostic tests is a threat to foodborne-disease surveillance in the United States. J Clin Microbiol 2017; 55: 10-9.
27. Newman KL, Newman GS, Cybulski RJ, Fang FC. Gastroenteritis in men who have sex with men in Seattle, Washington, 2017-2018. Clin Infect Dis 2019 October 17 (Epub ahead of print).
28. Janda WM, Bohnoff M, Morello JA, Lerner SA. Prevalence and site-pathogen studies of Neisseria meningitidis and N gonorrhoeae in homosexual men. JAMA 1980; 244: 2060-4.
29. Toh E, Gangaiah D, Batteiger BE, et al. Neisseria meningitidis ST11 complex isolates associated with nongonococcal urethritis, Indiana, USA, 2015-2016. Emerg Infect Dis 2017; 23: 336-9.
30. Retchless AC, Kretz CB, Chang HY, et al. Expansion of a urethritis-associated Neisseria meningitidis clade in the United States with concurrent acquisition of N. gonorrhoeae alleles. BMC Genomics 2018; 19: 176.
31. Bazan JA, Turner AN, Kirkcaldy RD, et al. Large cluster of Neisseria meningitidis urethritis in Columbus, Ohio, 2015. Clin Infect Dis 2017; 65: 92-9.
32. Kamiya H, MacNeil J, Blain A, et al. Meningococcal disease among men who have sex with men — United States, January 2012–June 2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2015; 64: 1256-7.
33. Koch J, Hellenbrand W, Schink S, et al. Evaluation of a temporary vaccination recommendation in response to an outbreak of invasive meningococcal serogroup C disease in men who have sex with men in Berlin, 2013-2014. Euro Surveill 2016; 21:12-22.
34. Nanduri S, Foo C, Ngo V, et al. Outbreak of Serogroup C meningococcal disease primarily affecting men who have sex with men — Southern California, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016; 65: 939-40.
35. Folaranmi TA, Kretz CB, Kamiya H, et al. Increased risk for meningococcal disease among men who have sex with men in the United States, 2012-2015. Clin Infect Dis 2017; 65: 756-63.
36. Miglietta A, Fazio C, Neri A, et al. Interconnected clusters of invasive meningococcal disease due to Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C ST-11 (cc11), involving bisexuals and men who have sex with men, with discos and gay-venues hotspots of transmission, Tuscany, Italy, 2015 to 2016. Euro Surveill 2018; 23(34): 1700636.
37. Ma KC, Unemo M, Jeverica S, et al. Genomic characterization of rethritisassociated Neisseria meningitidis shows that a wide range of N. meningitidis strains can cause urethritis. J Clin Microbiol 2017; 55:3374-83.
38. Bozio CH, Blain A, MacNeil J, et al. Meningococcal disease surveillance in men who have sex with men — United States, 2015–2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2018; 67: 1060-3.
39. MacNeil JR, Rubin LG, Patton M, Ortega-Sanchez IR, Martin SW. Recommendations for use of meningococcal conjugate vaccines in HIV-infected persons — Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016; 65: 1189-94.
40. Simons R, Candfield S, French P, White JA. Observed treatment responses to short-course doxycycline therapy for rectal lymphogranuloma venereum in men who have sex with men. Sex Transm Dis 2018; 45: 406-8.
41. de Vries HJC. Lymphoganuloma venereum in the Western world, 15 years after its re-emergence: new perspectives and research priorities. Curr Opin Infect Dis 2019; 32: 43-50.
42. Spaargaren J, Schachter J, Moncada J, et al. Slow epidemic of lymphogranuloma venereum L2b strain. Emerg Infect Dis 2005; 11: 1787-8.
43. Hughes G, Alexander S, Simms I, et al. Lymphogranuloma venereum diagnoses among men who have sex with men in the U.K.: interpreting a cross-sectional study using an epidemic phase-specific framework. Sex Transm Infect 2013; 89:542-7.
44. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Lymphogranuloma venereum. In: Annual epidemiological report for 2016. Stockholm: ECDC, 2018 (https://www .ecdc .europa .eu/ sites/ default/files/ documents/ AER_for_2016 -lymphogranuloma -venereum .pdf).
45. de Vries HJC, de Barbeyrac B, de Vrieze NHN, et al. 2019 European guideline on the management of lymphogranuloma venereum. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2019; 33: 1821-8.
46. Bissessor M, Fairley CK, Read T, Denham I, Bradshaw C, Chen M. The etiology of infectious proctitis in men who have sex with men differs according to HIV status. Sex Transm Dis 2013; 40: 768-70.
47. Leeyaphan C, Ong JJ, Chow EP, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of doxycycline efficacy for rectal lymphogranuloma venereum in men who have sex with men. Emerg Infect Dis 2016; 22: 1778-84.
48. Handsfield HH. Lymphogranuloma venereum treatment and terminology. Sex Transm Dis 2018; 45: 409-11.
49. Tully JG, Taylor-Robinson D, Cole RM, Rose DL. A newly discovered micoplasma in the human urogenital tract. Lancet 1981; 1: 1288-91.
50. Gaydos CA, Manhart LE, Taylor SN, et al. Molecular testing for Mycoplasma genitalium in the United States: results from the AMES Prospective Multicenter Clinical Study. J Clin Microbiol 2019; 57(11):e01125-e19.
51. Golden MR, Workowski KA, Bolan G. Developing a public health response to Mycoplasma genitalium. J Infect Dis 2017; 216: suppl_2: S420-S426.
52. Jensen JS, Cusini M, Gomberg M, Moi H. 2016 European guideline on Mycoplasma genitalium infections. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2016; 30: 1650-6.
53. Taylor-Robinson D, Jensen JS. Mycoplasma genitalium: from chrysalis to multicolored butterfly. Clin Microbiol Rev 2011; 24: 498-514.
54. Durukan D, Read TRH, Murray G, et al. Resistance-guided antimicrobial therapy using doxycycline-moxifloxacin and doxycycline-2.5g azithromycin for the treatment of Mycoplasma genitalium infection:efficacy and tolerability. Clin Infect Dis 2019 October 20 (Epub ahead of print).
55. Dionne-Odom J, Geisler WM, Aaron KJ, et al. High prevalence of multidrugresistant Mycoplasma genitalium in human immunodeficiency virus-infected men who have sex with men in Alabama. Clin Infect Dis 2018; 66: 796-8.
56. Soni S, Horner P, Rayment M, et al. British Association for Sexual Health and HIV national guideline for the management of infection with Mycoplasma genitalium (2018). Int J STD AIDS 2019; 30: 938-50.
57. Murray GL, Bradshaw CS, Bissessor M, et al. Increasing macrolide and fluoroquinolone resistance in Mycoplasma genitalium. Emerg Infect Dis 2017; 23: 809-12.
58. Rasmussen SA, Jamieson DJ, Honein MA, Petersen LR. Zika virus and birth defects — reviewing the evidence for causality. N Engl J Med 2016; 374: 1981-7.
59. Foy BD, Kobylinski KC, Chilson Foy JL, et al. Probable non-vector-borne transmisión of Zika virus, Colorado, USA. Emerg Infect Dis 2011; 17: 880-2.
60. Musso D, Roche C, Robin E, Nhan T, Teissier A, Cao-Lormeau VM. Potential sexual transmission of Zika virus. Emerg Infect Dis 2015; 21: 359-61.
61. D’Ortenzio E, Matheron S, Yazdanpanah Y, et al. Evidence of sexual transmisión of Zika virus. N Engl J Med 2016; 374:2195-8.
62. Moreira J, Peixoto TM, Siqueira AM, Lamas CC. Sexually acquired Zika virus: a systematic review. Clin Microbiol Infect 2017; 23: 296-305.
63. Paz-Bailey G, Rosenberg ES, Doyle K, et al. Persistence of Zika virus in body fluids — final report. N Engl J Med 2017;379: 1234-43.
64. WHO guidelines for the prevention of sexual transmission of Zika virus: executive summary. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2019 (https://apps .who .int/iris/bitstream/ handle/ 10665/ 311026/ WHO-RHR-19.4 -eng .pdf?ua=1).
65. Ebola virus disease fact sheet. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2020 (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ebola -virus-disease).
66. Sissoko D, Duraffour S, Kerber R, et al. Persistence and clearance of Ebola virus RNA from seminal fluid of Ebola virus disease survivors: a longitudinal analysis and modelling study. Lancet Glob Health 2017; 5(1): e80-e88.
67. Mate SE, Kugelman JR, Nyenswah TG, et al. Molecular evidence of sexual transmission of Ebola virus. N Engl J Med 2015; 373: 2448-54.
68. Report on global sexually transmitted infection surveillance 2018. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2018 (https://www.who .int/reproductivehealth/publications/stis-surveillance-2018/en/).
69. Sexually transmitted disease surveillance 2018. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018.
70. Stafford IA, Sánchez PJ, Stoll BJ. Ending congenital syphilis. JAMA 2019 November 11 (Epub ahead of print).
71. US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for syphilis infection in nonpregnant adults and adolescents: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement. JAMA 2016; 315: 2321-7.
72. Towns JM, Leslie DE, Denham I, Azzato F, Fairley CK, Chen M. Painful and multiple anogenital lesions are common in men with Treponema pallidum PCR-positive primary syphilis without herpes simplex virus coinfection: a cross-sectional clinic-based study. Sex Transm Infect 2016; 92: 110-5.
73. Golden M, O’Donnell M, Lukehart S, et al. Treponema pallidum nucleic acid amplification testing to augment syphilis screening among men who have sex with men. J Clin Microbiol 2019; 57: 57.
74. Yang CJ, Chang SY, Wu BR, et al. Unexpectedly high prevalence of Treponema pallidum infection in the oral cavity of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with early syphilis who had engaged in unprotected sex practices. Clin Microbiol Infect 2015; 21(8): 787.e1-787.e7.
75. Tao Y, Chen MY, Tucker JD, et al. A nationwide spatiotemporal analysis of syphilis over 21 years and implications for prevention and control in China. Clin Infect Dis 2020; 70: 136-9.
76. Beale MA, Marks M, Sahi SK, et al. Genomic epidemiology of syphilis reveals independent emergence of macrolide resistance across multiple circulating lineages. Nat Commun 2019; 10: 3255.
77. Antibiotic resistance threats in the United States, 2019. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2019.
78. Jennison AV, Whiley D, Lahra MM, et al. Genetic relatedness of ceftriaxoneresistant and high-level azithromycin resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae cases, United Kingdom and Australia, February to April 2018. Euro Surveill 2019; 24(8): 1900118.
79. Chen MY, McNulty A, Avery A, et al. Solithromycin versus ceftriaxone plus azithromycin for the treatment of uncomplicated genital gonorrhoea (SOLITAIREU): a randomised phase 3 non-inferiority trial. Lancet Infect Dis 2019; 19: 833-42.
80. Taylor SN, Marrazzo J, Batteiger BE, et al. Single-dose zoliflodacin (ETX0914) for treatment of urogenital gonorrhea. N Engl J Med 2018; 379: 1835-45.
81. Taylor SN, Morris DH, Avery AK, et al. Gepotidacin for the treatment of uncomplicated urogenital gonorrhea: a phase 2, randomized, dose-ranging, single-oral dose evaluation. Clin Infect Dis 2018; 67:504-12.
Usted debe ingresar al sitio con su cuenta de usuario IntraMed para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión. Si ya tiene una cuenta IntraMed o desea registrase, ingrese aquí