1. Chung KF, Pavord ID. Prevalence, pathogenesis, and causes of chronic cough. Lancet. 2008;371:1364–74.
2. Irwin RS, French CL, Chang AB, et al. Classification of cough symptom in adults and management algorithms. CHEST Guideline and Expert Panel Report. Chest. 2f018;153:196–209.
3. Irwin RS. Complications of cough. ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guideline. Chest. 2006;129:54S–8S.
4. Soteriades ES, Evans JC, Larson MG, et al. Incidence and prognosis of syncope. N Engl J Med. 2002;347:878–85.
5. Pascual J, Gonzales-Mandly A, Martin R, Oterino A. Headaches precipitated by cough, prolonged exercise or sexual activity: a prospective etiological and clinical study. J Headache Pain. 2008;9:259–66.
6. Aubrey-Bassler FK, Sowers N. 613 cases of splenic rupture without risk factors or previously diagnosed disease: a systematic review. BMC Emerg Med. 2012;12:11.
7. Maznyczka A, Squire IB. Cough syncope—a diagnosis under pressure. Lancet. 2010;376:486.
8. Kwong S, Daniel S, Kalra S, et al. Transient cough-induced blindness in temporal arteritis. Neurology. 2007;68:1250.
9. Sharma N, Sidhu M, Simpson D. A “cough induced” pelvic fracture as the first sign of a malignant neoplasm. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2015;11:75–7.
10. Hanak V, Hartman TE, Ryu JH. Cough-induced rib fractures. Mayo Clin Proc. 2005;