. Accessing coverage for transition-related health care. New York: Lambda Legal (https://www .lambdalegal.org/know-your-rights/article/trans-health-care).
2. Haynes S. The World Health Organization will stop classifying transgender people as having a “mental disorder.” Time. May 28, 2019 (http://time.com/5596845/world-health-organization-transgender-identity/).
3. Saraswat A, Weinand JD, Safer JD. Evidence supporting the biologic nature of gender identity. Endocr Pract 2015; 21: 199-204.
4. Meyer-Bahlburg HF. Gender identity outcome in female-raised 46,XY persons with penile agenesis, cloacal exstrophy of the bladder, or penile ablation. Arch Sex Behav 2005; 34: 423-38.
5. Reiner WG, Gearhart JP. Discordant sexual identity in some genetic males with cloacal exstrophy assigned to female sex at birth. N Engl J Med 2004; 350: 333-41.
6. Heylens G, De Cuypere G, Zucker KJ, et al. Gender identity disorder in twins: a review of the case report literature. J Sex Med 2012; 9: 751-7.
7. Dessens AB, Slijper FM, Drop SL. Gender dysphoria and gender change in chromosomal females with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Arch Sex Behav 2005; 34: 389-97.
8. Mazur T. Gender dysphoria and gender change in androgen insensitivity or micropenis. Arch Sex Behav 2005; 34: 411-21.
9. Zhou JN, Hofman MA, Gooren LJ, Swaab DF. A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality. Nature 1995; 378: 68-70.
10. Flores AR, Herman JL, Gates GJ, Brown TNT. How many adults identify as transgender in the United States? Los Angeles: the Williams Institute, June 2016 (https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla .edu/wp-content/uploads/How-Many-Adults-Identify-as-Transgender-in-the-United-States.pdf).
11. Reisner SL, Poteat T, Keatley J, et al. Global health burden and needs of transgender populations: a review. Lancet 2016; 388: 412-36.
12. Jaffee KD, Shires DA, Stroumsa D. Discrimination and delayed health care among transgender women and men: implications for improving medical education and health care delivery. Med Care 2016; 54: 1010-6.
13. Meyer IH, Brown TN, Herman JL, Reisner SL, Bockting WO. Demographic characteristics and health status of transgender adults in select US regions: Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2014. Am J Public Health 2017; 107: 582-9.
14. Safer JD, Coleman E, Feldman J, et al. Barriers to healthcare for transgender individuals. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 2016; 23: 168-71.
15. Baral SD, Poteat T, Strömdahl S, Wirtz AL, Guadamuz TE, Beyrer C. Worldwide burden of HIV in transgender women: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Infect Dis 2013; 13: 214-22.
16. Blosnich JR, Brown GR, Wojcio S, Jones KT, Bossarte RM. Mortality among veterans with transgender-related diagnoses in the Veterans Health Administration, FY2000–2009. LGBT Health 2014; 1: 269-76.
17. Guss CE, Williams DN, Reisner SL, Austin SB, Katz-Wise SL. Disordered weight management behaviors, nonprescription steroid use, and weight perception in transgender youth. J Adolesc Health 2017; 60: 17-22.
18. Klein P, Narasimhan S, Safer JD. The Boston Medical Center experience: an achievable model for the delivery of transgender medical care at an academic medical center. Transgend Health 2018; 3: 136-40.
19. Zosuls KM, Ruble DN, Tamis-Lemonda CS, Shrout PE, Bornstein MH, Greulich FK. The acquisition of gender labels in infancy: implications for gender-typed play. Dev Psychol 2009; 45: 688-701.
20. Rider GN, McMorris BJ, Gower AL, Coleman E, Eisenberg ME. Health and care utilization of transgender and gender nonconforming youth: a population-based study. Pediatrics 2018; 141(3): e20171683.
21. Wallien MS, Cohen-Kettenis PT. Psychosexual outcome of gender-dysphoric children. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2008; 47: 1413-23.
22. Rosenthal SM. Approach to the patient: transgender youth: endocrine considerations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2014; 99: 4379-89.
23. Coleman E, Bockting W, Botzer M, et al. Standards of care for the health of transsexual, transgender, and gender-nonconforming people, version 7. Int J Transgenderism 2012; 13: 165-232.
24. Brown GR, Jones KT. Mental health and medical health disparities in 5135 transgender veterans receiving healthcare in the Veterans Health Administration: a case–control study. LGBT Health 2016; 3: 122-31.
25. Hembree WC, Cohen-Kettenis PT, Gooren L, et al. Endocrine treatment of gender-dysphoric/gender-incongruent persons: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2017; 102: 3869-903.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.