1. Visser SN, Danielson ML, Bitsko RH, et al. Trends in the parent-report of health care provider-diagnosed and medicated attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: United States, 2003-2011. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2014; 53(1): 34-46.e2.
2. Mayes R, Bagwell C, Erkulwater J. ADHD and the rise in stimulant use among children. Harv Rev Psychiatry 2008; 16: 151- 66.
3. Hinshaw S, Scheffler RM. The ADHD explosion: myths, medication, money, and today’s push for performance. New York: Oxford University Press, 2014.
4. Schwarz A. ADHD nation: children, doctors, big pharma, and the making of an American epidemic. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2016.
5. Schwarz A. The selling of attention deficit disorder. New York Times. December 15, 2013: A1.
6. Schwarz A, Cohen S. A.D.H.D. seen in 11% of U.S. children as diagnoses rise. New York Times. April 1, 2013: A1.
7. Danielson ML, Visser SN, Gleason MM, Peacock G, Claussen AH, Blumberg SJ. A national profile of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder diagnosis and treatment among US children aged 2 to 5 years. J Dev Behav Pediatr 2017; 38: 455-64.
8. Danielson ML, Bitsko RH, Ghandour RM, Holbrook JR, Kogan MD, Blumberg SJ. Prevalence of parent-reported ADHD diagnosis and associated treatment among U.S. children and adolescents, 2016. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 2018; 47: 199-212.
9. Sax L, Kautz KJ. Who first suggests the diagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder? Ann Fam Med 2003; 1: 171-4.
10. Evans WN, Morrill MS, Parente ST. Measuring inappropriate medical diagnosis and treatment in survey data: the case of ADHD among school-age children. J Health Econ 2010; 29: 657-73.
11. Morrow RL, Garland EJ, Wright JM, Maclure M, Taylor S, Dormuth CR. Influence of relative age on diagnosis and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children. CMAJ 2012; 184: 755-62.
12. Elder TE. The importance of relative standards in ADHD diagnoses: evidence based on exact birth dates. J Health Econ 2010; 29: 641-56.
13. Krabbe EE, Thoutenhoofd ED, Conradi M, Pijl SJ, Batstra L. Birth month as predictor of ADHD medication use in Dutch school classes. Eur J Spec Needs Educ 2014; 29: 571-8.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.