1. Neues C, Haas E. Modification of postoperative wound healing by showering. Chirurg 2000; 71:234–236.
2. Borkar NB, Khubalkar MV. Are postoperative dressings necessary? J Wound Care 2011; 20:301.
3. Dumville JC, Walter CJ, Sharp CA, et al. Dressings for the prevention of surgical site infection. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; 7:CD003091.
4. Merei JM. Pediatric clean surgical wounds: Is dressing necessary? J Pediatr Surg 2004; 39:1871–1873.
5. Betts J. Allowing wounds to be uncovered and wet in the first 48 hours after minor skin excision did not differ from standard dry management for wound infections. Evid Based Nurs 2006; 9:115.
6. Leaper D, Burman-Roy S, Palanca A, et al. Prevention and treatment of surgical site infection: Summary of NICE guidance. BMJ 2008; 337:a1924.
7. Carragee EJ, Vittum DW. Wound care after posterior spinal surgery: Does early bathing affect the rate of wound complications? Spine 1996; 21:2160–2162.
8. Beam JW. Wound cleansing: Water or saline? J Athletic Train 2006; 41:196–197.
9. Fernandez R, Griffiths R. Water for wound cleansing. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; 2:Cd003861.
10. Fernandez R, Griffiths R, Ussia C. Effectiveness of solutions, techniques and pressure in wound cleansing. Int J Evidence Based Healthc 2004; 2:231–270.
11. Henton J, Jain A. Cochrane corner: Water for wound cleansing. J Hand Surg Eur Vol 2012; 37:375–376.
12. Cooper DD, Seupaul RA. Is water effective for wound cleansing? Ann Emerg Med 2012; 60:626–627.
13. Toon CD, Sinha S, Davidson BR, et al. Early versus delayed post-operative bathing or showering to prevent wound complications. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013; 10:Cd010075.
14. Berard F, Gandon J. Postoperative wound infections: The influence of ultraviolet irradiation of the operating room and of various other factors. Ann Surg 1964; 160 (Suppl 2):1–192.
15. Hart D, Postlethwait RW, Brown IW, et al. Postoperative wound infections: A further report on ultraviolet irradiation with comments on the recent (1964) National Research Council cooperative study report. Ann Surg 1968; 167:728–743.
16. Garner JS. CDC guideline for prevention of surgical wound infections, 1985. Supersedes guideline for prevention of surgical wound infections published in 1982. Infect Control 1986; 7:193–200.
17. Horan TC, Gaynes RP, Martone WJ, et al. CDC definitions of nosocomial surgical site infections, 1992: a modification of CDC definitions of surgical wound infections. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1992; 13:606–608.
18. Ohnhaus EE, Adler R. Methodological problems in the measurement of pain: A comparison between the verbal rating scale and the visual analogue scale. Pain 1975; 1:379–384.
19. Henriksen NA, Meyhoff CS, Wetterslev J, et al. Clinical relevance of surgical site infection as defined by the criteria of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. J Hosp Infect 2010; 75:173–177.
20. O’Grady H, Baker E. Prevention of surgical site infections. Surgery 2011; 29:513–517.
21. Fraser I, Askew A, Biles J, et al. Prospective randomised trial of early postoperative bathing. BMJ 1976; 1:1506–1507.
22. Goldberg HM, Rosenthal SA, Nemetz JC. Effect of washing closed head and neck wounds on wound healing and infection. Am J Surg 1981; 141:358–359.
23. Riederer SR, Inderbitzi R. Does a shower put postoperative wound healing at risk? Chirurg 1997; 68:715–717
24. Heal C, Buettner P, Raasch B, et al. Can sutures get wet? Prospective randomised controlled trial of wound management in general practice. BMJ 2006; 332:1053–1056.
25. Ireland S, Carlino K, Gould L, et al. Shampoo after craniotomy: A pilot study. Can J Neurosci Nurs 2007; 29:14–19.
26. Feilmeier M, Dayton P, Sedberry S, et al. Incidence of surgical site infection in the foot and ankle with early exposure and showering of surgical sites: A prospective observation. J Foot Ankle Surg 2014; 53:173–175.
27. Walter CJ, Dumville JC, Sharp CA, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of wound dressings in the prevention of surgical-site infections in surgical wounds healing by primary intention. Br J Surg 2012; 99:1185–1194.
28. Voorhees EG, Rosenthal D, Hirata RM, et al. Early postoperative showering. Mil Med 1982; 147:967–968.
29. Dayton P, Feilmeier M, Sedberry S. Does postoperative showering or bathing of a surgical site increase the incidence of infection? A systematic review of the literature. J Foot Ankle Surg 2013; 52:612–614.
30. Griffiths RD, Fernandez RS, Ussia CA. Is tap water a safe alternative to normal saline for wound irrigation in the community setting? J Wound Care 2001; 10:407–411.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.