1. Gidlof S, Falhammar H, Thilen A, et al. One hundred years of congenital adrenal hyperplasia in Sweden: a retrospective, population-based cohort study. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2013; 1: 35-42.
2. Rushworth RL, Torpy DJ, Falhammar H. Adrenal crises: perspectives and research directions. Endocrine 2017; 55: 336-45.
3. Hahner S, Loeffler M, Bleicken B, et al. Epidemiology of adrenal crisis in chronic adrenal insufficiency: the need for new prevention strategies. Eur J Endocrinol 2010; 162: 597-602.
4. Rushworth RL, Torpy DJ. Adrenal insufficiency in Australia: is it possible that the use of lower dose, short-acting glucocorticoids has increased the risk of adrenal crises? Horm Metab Res 2015; 47: 427-32.
5. Allolio B. Extensive expertise in endocrinology: adrenal crisis. Eur J Endocrinol
2015; 172: R115-24.
6. Puar TH, Stikkelbroeck NM, Smans LC, Zelissen PM, Hermus AR. Adrenal crisis: still a deadly event in the 21st century. Am J Med 2016; 129(3): 339.e1-339.e9.
7. Bornstein SR, Allolio B, Arlt W, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of primary adrenal insufficiency: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2016; 101: 364-89.
8. Charmandari E, Nicolaides NC, Chrousos GP. Adrenal insufficiency. Lancet 2014; 383: 2152-67.
9. Oelkers W. Adrenal insufficiency.N Engl J Med 1996; 335: 1206-12.
10. Bancos I, Hahner S, Tomlinson J, Arlt W. Diagnosis and management of adrenal insufficiency. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2015; 3: 216-26.
11. Arlt W, Allolio B. Adrenal insufficiency. Lancet 2003; 361: 1881-93.
12. Rushworth RL, Torpy DJ, Stratakis CA, Falhammar H. Adrenal crises in children: perspectives and research directions. Horm Res Paediatr 2018; 89: 341-51.
13. Hsieh S, White PC. Presentation of primary adrenal insufficiency in childhood.J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2011; 96(6): E925-E928.
14. Cortet C, Barat P, Zenaty D, Guignat L, Chanson P. Group 5: acute adrenal insufficiency in adults and pediatric patients.Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 2017; 78:535-43.
15. Odenwald B, Nennstiel-Ratzel U, Dorr HG, Schmidt H, Wildner M, Bonfig W. Children with classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia experience salt loss and hypoglycemia: evaluation of adrenal crises during the first 6 years of life. Eur J Endocrinol 2016; 174: 177-86.
16. Bowden SA, Henry R. Pediatric adrenal insufficiency: diagnosis, management, and new therapies. Int J Pediatr 2018; 2018: 1739831.
17. Ramamoorthy S, Cidlowski JA. Corticosteroids: mechanisms of action in health and disease. Rheum Dis Clin North Am 2016; 42: 15-31.
18. Coutinho AE, Chapman KE. The anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects of glucocorticoids, recent developments and mechanistic insights. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2011; 335: 2-13.
19. Annane D, Bellissant E, Sebille V, et al. Impaired pressor sensitivity to noradrenaline in septic shock patients with and without impaired adrenal function reserve. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1998; 46: 589- 97.
20. Dinneen S, Alzaid A, Miles J, Rizza R. Metabolic effects of the nocturnal rise in cortisol on carbohydrate metabolism in normal humans. J Clin Invest 1993; 92: 2283-90.
21. Macfarlane DP, Forbes S, Walker BR. Glucocorticoids and fatty acid metabolism in humans: fuelling fat redistribution in the metabolic syndrome. J Endocrinol 2008; 197: 189-204.
22. Smans LC, Van der Valk ES, Hermus AR, Zelissen PM. Incidence of adrenal crisis in patients with adrenal insufficiency. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2016; 84: 17-22.
23. Falhammar H, Frisen L, Norrby C, et al. Increased mortality in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2014; 99(12): E2715-E2721.
24. Iwasaku M, Shinzawa M, Tanaka S, Kimachi K, Kawakami K. Clinical characteristics of adrenal crisis in adult population with and without predisposing chronic adrenal insufficiency: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Endocr Disord 2017; 17: 58.
25. Rushworth RL, Chrisp GL, Torpy DJ. Glucocorticoid-induced adrenal insufficiency: a study of the incidence in hospital patients and a review of peri-operative management. Endocr Pract 2018; 24: 437-45.
26. White K, Arlt W. Adrenal crisis in treated Addison’s disease: a predictable but under-managed event. Eur J Endocrinol 2010; 162: 115-20.
27. Rushworth RL, Torpy DJ. A descriptive study of adrenal crises in adults with adrenal insufficiency: increased risk with age and in those with bacterial infections. BMC Endocr Disord 2014; 14: 79.
28. Hahner S, Spinnler C, Fassnacht M et al. High incidence of adrenal crisis in educated patients with chronic adrenal insufficiency: a prospective study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2015; 100: 407-16.
29. Meyer G, Koch M, Herrmann E, Bojunga J, Badenhoop K. Longitudinal AddiQoL scores may identify higher risk for adrenal crises in Addison’s disease. Endocrine 2018; 60: 355-61.
30. El-Maouche D, Hargreaves CJ, Sinaii N, Mallappa A, Veeraraghavan P, Merke DP. Longitudinal assessment of illnesses, stress dosing, and illness sequelae in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia.J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2018; 103: 2336-45.
31. Rushworth RL, Torpy DJ. Modern hydrocortisone replacement regimens in adrenal insufficiency patients and the risk of adrenal crisis. Horm Metab Res 2015; 47:637-42.
32. Tomlinson JW, Holden N, Hills RK, et al. Association between premature mortality and hypopituitarism. Lancet 2001; 357: 425-31.
33. Bergthorsdottir R, Leonsson-Zachrisson M, Oden A, Johannsson G. Premature mortality in patients with Addison’s disease: a population-based study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91: 4849-53.
34. Bensing S, Brandt L, Tabaroj F, et al. Increased death risk and altered cancer incidence pattern in patients with isolated or combined autoimmune primary adrenocortical insufficiency. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2008; 69: 697-704.
35. Erichsen MM, Lovas K, Fougner KJ,et al. Normal overall mortality rate in Addison’s disease, but young patients are at risk of premature death. Eur J Endocrinol 2009; 160: 233-7.
36. Burman P, Mattsson AF, Johannsson G, et al. Deaths among adult patients with hypopituitarism: hypocortisolism during acute stress, and de novo malignant brain tumors contribute to an increased mortality. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2013; 98:1466-75.
37. Molander N. Sudden natural death in later childhood and adolescence. Arch Dis Child 1982; 57: 572-6.
38. Hajsheikholeslami F, Yazdani S. Sudden cardiac death as a result of neglected hypopituitarism. Int J Endocrinol Metab 2013; 11: 117-9.
39. Saevik AB, Akerman AK, Gronning K, et al. Clues for early detection of autoimmune Addison’s disease — myths and realities. J Intern Med 2018; 283: 190-9.
40. Bird S. Failure to diagnose: Addison disease. Aust Fam Physician 2007; 36: 859-61.
41. Chrisp GL, Maguire AM, Quartararo M, et al. Variations in the management of acute illness in children with congenital adrenal hyperplasia: an audit of three paediatric hospitals. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2018; 89: 577-85.
42. Rushworth RL, Falhammar H, Munns CF, Maguire AM, Torpy DJ. Hospital admission patterns in children with CAH: admission rates and adrenal crises decline with age. Int J Endocrinol 2016; 2016: 5748264.
43. Major A, Chacko K. Routine vaccinations as a precipitant of adrenal crisis in adrenal insufficiency. Intern Med J 2018; 48: 360-1.
Para ver los comentarios de sus colegas o para expresar su opinión debe ingresar con su cuenta de IntraMed.