1. Shakespeare W. Hamlet. Act 1, scene 4, lines 15-16.
2. Trinkaus E. Late Pleistocene adult mortality patterns and modern human establishment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011. 108(4):1267-1271.
3. Lozano R, Naghavi M, Foreman K, et al. Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet. 2012; 380(9859):2095-2128.
4. Church MA. Evidence of whooping-cough vaccine efficacy from the 1978 whooping-cough epidemic in Hertfordshire. Lancet. 1979; 2(8135): 188-190.
5. Sato H, Sato Y. Experience with diphtheria toxoid-tetanus toxoid-acellular pertussis vaccine in Japan. Clin Infect Dis. 1999; 28(suppl 2):S124-S130.
6. May T, Silverman RD. “Clustering of exemptions” as a collective action threat to herd immunity. Vaccine. 2003; 21(11-12):1048-1051.
7. Feikin DR, Lezotte DC, Hamman RF, Salmon DA, Chen RT, Hoffman RE. Individual and community risks of measles and pertussis associated with personal exemptions to immunization. JAMA. 2000; 284(24):3145-3150.
8. Gangarosa EJ, Galazka AM,Wolfe CR, et al. Impact of anti-vaccine movements on pertussis control: the untold story. Lancet. 1998; 351(9099): 356-361.
9. Poland GA, Jacobson RM. Understanding those who do not understand: a brief review of the anti-vaccine movement. Vaccine. 2001; 19(17-19): 2440-2445.
10. Pertussis (whooping cough) in California and New York State. Public Health Agency of Canada; 2010.
11. MischelW, Shoda Y, Rodriguez MI. Delay of gratification in children. Science. 1989; 244(4907): 933-938.
12. The power of delayed gratification: kids marshmallow experiment. LATorontoBlog YouTube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWc1Y2dpmY. Accessed June 6, 2013.
13. Screening for breast cancer. US Preventive Services Task Force. http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/uspsbrca.htm. Accessed June 6, 2013.
14. Pace LE, He Y, Keating NL. Trends in mammography screening rates after publication of the 2009 US Preventive Services Task Force recommendations [published online April 19, 2013]. Cancer. doi:10.1002/cncr.28105.
15. Franklin B. The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. Philadelphia, PA: Henry Altemus; 1895.
16. The Vision Zero approach to traffic safety. Vision Zero Initiative: Traffic Safety by Sweden. http://www.visionzeroinitiative.com/en. Accessed June 6, 2013.
17. Hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Committee: Subcommittee on Health and the Environment, Subject: nicotine and cigarettes: 1994. Tobacco Documents Online. http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/94668518-8672 .html. Accessed June 6, 2013.
18. Saul S, Pollack A. Furor on rush to require cervical cancer vaccine. New York Times. February 17, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/17/health/17vaccine.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0.Accessed June 5, 2013.
19. Frenk J. Bridging the divide: global lessons from evidence-based health policy inMexico. Lancet. 2006; 368(9539):954-961.
20. Henke RM, Goetzel RZ, McHugh J, Isaac F. Recent experience in health promotion at Johnson & Johnson: lower health spending, strong return on investment. Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30(3): 490-499.
21. Burd SA. How Safeway is cutting health-care costs: market-based solutions can reduce the national health-care bill by 40%.Wall St Journal June 12, 2009. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124476804026308603.html. Accessed June 6,2013.
22. LiW, Kennedy J, Kelley D, Sun Y, Maduro G, Shen S. Summary of Vital Statistics 2008. City of New York: New York City Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene. http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh /downloads/pdf/vs/2008sum.pdf. Accessed June
23. Sharfstein J. JAMA Forum: public health regulation as a public process. http://newsatjama .jama.com/2013/05/22/jama-forum-public-health -regulation-as-a-public-process/. Accessed June 6, 2013.
24. Zombie novella. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response. http://www.cdc.gov /phpr/zombies_novella.htm. Accessed June 6, 2013.
25. Schwartz T . Media, the Second God. New York, NY: Random House; 1981.
ComentariosUsted debe estar registrado para expresar su opinión. Si ya es usuario de IntraMed o desea registrase como nuevo usuario, ingrese aquí