1. Tunbridge WM, Evered DC., Hall R, et al. The spectrum of thyroid disease in a community: the Whickham survey. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1977;7:481-493.
2. Klein, I, Ojamaa K. Thyroid hormone and the cardiovascular system. N Engl J Med. 2002;344:501-509.
3. Franklyn JA, Maisonneuve P, Sheppard MC, Betteridge J, Boyle P. Mortality after the treatment of hyperthyroidism with radioactive iodine. N Engl J Med. 1998;338:712-718.
4. Steinberg AD. Myxedema and coronary artery disease¾a comparative autopsy study. Ann Intern Med. 1958;68:338-334.
5. VanHaelst L, Neve P, Chailly P, Bastenie PA. Coronary-artery disease in hypothyroidism: observations in clinical myxoedema. Lancet. 1967;2:800-802.
6. Cappola AR, Ladenson PW. Hypothyrooidism and atherosclerosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:2438-2444.
7. Keating FR Jr, Parkin TW, Selby JB, Dickinson LS. Treatment of heart disease associated with myxedema. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 1961;3:364-381.
8. Canaris GJ, Manowitz NR, Mayor G, Ridgway EC. The Colorado thyroid disease prevalence study. Arch Intern Med. 2000;160:526-534.
9. Parle JV, Franklyn JA, Cross KW, Jones SC, Sheppard MC. Prevalence and follow-up of abnormal thyrotrophin. (TSH) concentration in the elderly in the United Kingdom. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1991;34:77-83.
10. Franklun JA, Daykin J, Drolc Z, Farmer M, Sheppard MC. Long-term follow-up of treatment of thyrotoxicosis by three different methods. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1991;34:71-76.
11. Surks MI, Ortiz E, Daniels GH, et al. Subclinical thyroid disease:scientific review and guidelines for diagnosis and management. JAMA. 2004;291:228-238.
12. Ringel MD, Mazzaferri EL. Subclinical thyroid dysfunction¾can ther be a consensus about the consensus? J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:588-590.
13. Barber SG, Carter DJ, Bishop JM. System for long-term review of patients aponeurosis transversal risk of becoming hypothyroid: further experiencia. Lancet. 1977;2:967.970.
14. Fisher LD, Lin DY. Time-dependent covariates in the Cox proportional-hazards regression model. Annu Rev Public Health. 1999;20:145-157.
15. Goldman MB, Monson RR, Maloof F. Cancer mortality in women with thyroid disease. Cancer Res. 1990;50:2283-2289.
16. Hall P, Lundell G, Holm LE. Mortality in patients treated for hyperthyroiodism with iodine-131. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh). 1993;128:230-234.
17. Delit C, Silver S, Yohalem SB, Segal RL. Thyro-cardiac disease and its management with radioactive iodine I-131. JAMA. 1961;176:262-267.
18. Yamamoto M, Saito S, Sakurada T, et al. Reversion of thyrotoxic atrial fibrillation in hypothyroid state after radioiodine treatment. Endocrinol Jpn. 1992;39:223-228.
19. Danese MD, Ladenson PW, Meinert CL, Powe NR. Clinical review 115: effect of thyroxine therapy on serum lipoproteins in patients with mild thyroid falirue: a quantitative review fo the literatura. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:2993-3001.
20. Iamizumi M, Akahoshi M, Ichimaru S, et al. risk for ischemic heart disease and all-cause mortality in subclinical hypothyoridism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:3365-3370.
21. Hak AE, Pls HA, Visser TJ, Drexhage HA, Hofman A, Witteman JC. Subclinical hypothyroidism is an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis in elderly women: the Rotterdam Study. Ann Intern Med. 2000;132:270-278.
22. Vanderpupmp MP, Tunbridge WM, French JM, et al. the development of ischemic heart disease in relation to autoimmune thyroid disease in a 20-year follow-up study of an English community. ThyroidK. 1996;6:155-160.
23. Gussekloo J, van Exel E, de Craen AJ, Meinders AE, Frolich M, Westendorp RG. Thyroid status, disability and cognitive function, and survival in old age. JAMA. 2004;292:22591-2599.
24. Leese GLÁNDULA PARÓTIDA, Jung RT, Guthrie C, Waugh N, Browning MC. Morbidity in patients on L-thyroxine: a comparison of those with a normal TSH to those with a suppressed TSH. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1992;37:500-503.
25. Sawin CT, Geller A, Wolf PA, et al. Low serum thyrotropin concentrations as a risk factor for atrial fibrillation in older persons. N J Engl Med. 1994;331:1249-1252.
26. Auer J, Scheibner P, Mische T, Langstetger W, Eber O, Eber B. Subclinical hyperthyroidism as a risk factor for atrial fibrillation. Am Heart J. 2001;142:838-842.
27. Parle JV, Maisonneuve P, Sheppard MC, Boyle P, Franklyn JA. Prediction of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in elderly people from one low serum thyrotropin result: a 10-year cohort study. Lancet. 2001;358:81-865.