Cáncer de mama | 05 JUN 02
Recientes avances en el cáncer de mama
A medida que nuestro conocimiento de la biología del cáncer de mama mejora, el tratamiento de la enfermedad continúa cambiando.
1. Ford D, Easton DF, Stratton M, Narod S, Goldgar D, Devilee P, et al. Genetic heterogeneity and penetrance analysis of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes in breast cancer families. Am J Hum Genet 1998; 62: 676-689.
2. Struewing JP, Hartge P, Wacholder S, Baker SM, Berlin M, McAdams M, et al. The risk of cancer associated with specific mutations of BRCA1 and BRCA2 among Ashkenazi Jews. N Engl J Med 1977; 336: 1401-1408.
3. Fisher B, Costantino JP, Wickerham DL, Redmond CK, Kavanah M, Cronin WM, et al. Tamoxifen for the prevention of breast cancer: report of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project P-1 study. J Natl Cancer Inst 1999; 90: 1371-1388.
4. King MC, Wieand S, Dalakishvili K, Lee M, Walsh T, Owens K, et al. Tamoxifen and breast cancer incidence among women with inherited mutations in BRCA1 or BRCA2. National surgical adjuvant breast and bowel (NSABP) breast cancer prevention trial. JAMA 2001; 286: 2251-2258.
5. Narod SA, Brunet JS, Ghadirian P, Robson M, Heimdal K, Neuhausen SL, et al. Tamoxifen and risk of contralateral breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: a case-control study. Lancet 2000; 356: 1876-1881.
6. Rebbeck TR, Levin AM, Eisen A, Snyder C, Watson P, Cannon-Albright L, et al. Breast cancer risk after bilateral prophylactic oophorectomy in mutation carriers. J Natl Cancer Inst 1999; 91: 1475-1479.
7. Hartmann LC, Schaid DJ, Woods JE, Crotty TP, Myers JL, Arnold PG, et al. Efficacy of bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in women with a family history of breast cancer. N Engl J Med 1999; 340: 77-84.
8. Hartmann LC, Sellers TA, Schaid DJ, Frank TS, Soderberg CL, Sitta DL, et al. Efficacy of bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. J Natl Cancer Inst (in press).
9. Meijers-Heijboer H, van Geel B, van Putten WL, Henzen-Logmans SC, Seynaeve C, et al. Breast cancer after prophylactic bilateral mastectomy in women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation. N Engl J Med 2001; 345: 159-164.
10. Schrag D, Kuntz KM, Garber JE, Weeks JC. Decision analysis effect of prophylactic mastectomy and oophorectomy on life expectancy among women with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. N Engl J Med 1997; 336: 1465-1471.
11. Grann VR, Jacobson JS, Whang W, Hershman D, Heitjan DF, Antman KH, et al. Prevention with tamoxifen or other hormones versus prophylactic surgery in BRCA1/2 positive women: a decision analysis. Cancer J Sci Am 2000; 6: 13-20.
12. Frost MH, Schaid DJ, Sellers TA, Slezak JM, Arnold PG, Woods JE, et al. Long-term satisfaction and psychological and social function following bilateral prophylactic mastectomy. JAMA 2000; 284: 319-324.
13. Giuliano AE, Jones RC, Brennan M, Statman R. Sentinel lymphadenectomy in breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 1997; 15: 2345-2350.
14. Krag D, Weaver D, Ashikaga T, Moffat F, Klimberg VS, Shriver C, et al. The sentinel node in breast cancer a multicenter validation study. N Engl J Med 1998; 339: 941-946.
15. Tafra L, Lannin DR, Swanson MS, Van Eyk JJ, Verbanac KM, Chua AN, et al. Multicenter trial of sentinel node biopsy for breast cancer using technetium sulfur colloid and isosulfan blue dye. Ann Surg 2001; 233: 51-59.
16. McMasters KM, Wong SL, Chao C, Woo C, Tuttle TM, Noyes RD, et al. Defining the optimal surgeon experience for breast cancer sentinel lymph node biopsy: a model for implementation of new surgical techniques. Ann Surg 2001; 3: 292-300.
17. Simmons RM. Review of sentinel lymph node credentialing: how many cases are enough? J Am Coll Surg 2001; 193: 206-209.
18. Giuliano AE, Haigh PI, Brennan MB, Hansen NM, Kelley MC, Ye W, et al. Prospective observational study of sentinel lymphadenectomy with further axillary dissection in patients with sentinel node-negative breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2000; 18: 2553-2559.
19. Dowlatshahi K, Fan M, Snider HC, Habib FA. Lymph node micrometastases from breast carcinoma: reviewing the dilemma. Cancer 1997; 80: 1188-1197.
20. Bonneterre J, Thurlimann B, Robertson JF, Krzakowski M, Mauriac L, Koralewski P, et al. Anastrozole versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy for advanced breast cancer in 668 postmenopausal women: results of the Tamoxifen or Arimidex Randomized Group efficacy and tolerability study. J Clin Oncol 2000; 18: 3748-3757.
21. Nabholtz JM, Buzdar A, Pollak M, Harwin W, Burton G, Mangalik A, et al. Anastrozole is superior to tamoxifen as first-line therapy for advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women: results of a North American multicenter randomized trial. Arimidex Study Group. J Clin Oncol 2000; 18: 3758-3767.
22. Smith R, Sun Y, Garin A, Fein L, Sleeboom HP, Chaudri H, et al. Femara (Letrozole) showed significant improvement in efficacy over tamoxifen as first-line treatment in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2000; 64: 27(A8).
23. Brodie AM, Njar VC. Aromatase inhibitors in advanced breast cancer: mechanism of action and clinical implications. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1998; 66: 1-10.
24. Buzdar AU, Jones SE, Vogel CL, Wolter J, Plourde P, Webster A. A phase III trial comparing anastrozole (1 and 10 milligrams), a potent and selective aromatase inhibitor, with megestrol acetate in postmenopausal women with advanced breast carcinoma. Cancer 1997; 79: 730-739.
25. Kaufmann M, Bajetta E, Dirix LY, Fein LE, Jones SE, Zilembo N, et al. Exemestane is superior to megestrol acetate after tamoxifen failure in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer: results of a phase III randomized double-blind trial. The Exemestane Study Group. J Clin Oncol 2000; 18: 1399-1411.
26. Buzdar A, Douma J, Davidson J, Elledge R, Morgan M, Smith R, et al. Phase III, multicenter, double-blind, randomized study of letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor, for advanced breast cancer versus megestrol acetate. J Clin Oncol 2001; 19: 3357-3366.
27. Dirix L, Piccart MJ, Lohrisch C, Beex L, Nooij M, Cameron D, et al. Efficacy of and tolerance to exemestane versus tamoxifen in first-line hormone therapy of postmenopausal metastatic breast cancer patients: a European Organization for the Research and Treatment of Cancer phase II trial [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 2001; 20: 29a(A114).
28. Dixon JM, Renshaw L, Bellamy C, Stuart M, Hoctin-Boes G, Miller WR. The effects of neoadjuvant anastrozole (Arimidex) on tumor volume in postmenopausal women with breast cancer: a randomized, double-blind, single-center study. Clin Cancer Res 2000; 6: 2229-2235.
29. Ellis MJ, Jaenicke F, Llombart-Cussac A, Mauriac L, Vinholes J, Coop A, et al. A randomized double-blind multicenter study of pre-operative tamoxifen versus Femara (letrozole) for postmenopausal women with ER and/or PgR positive breast cancer ineligible for breast-conserving surgery. Correlation of clinical response with tumor gene expression and proliferation [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2000; 64: 29(A14).
30. Howell A, Robert JFR, Quaresma AJ, Aschermannova A, Mauriac L, Kleeberg UR, et al. Comparison of efficacy and tolerability of fulvesterant (Faslodex) with anastrozole (Arimidex) in post-menopausal (PM) women with advanced breast cancer (ABC) preliminary results [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2000; 64: 27(A6).
31. Osborne CK. A double-blind randomized trial comparing the efficacy and tolerability of Faslodex (fulvesterant) with Arimidex (anastrozole) in post-menopausal (PM) women with advanced breast cancer (ABC) [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2000; 64: 27(A7).
32. Howell A, Osborne CK, Morris C, Wakeling AE. ICI 182,780 (Faslodex): development of a novel, "pure" antiestrogen. Cancer 2000; 89: 817-825.